Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Reason I Love to Barbeque

People have been gathering around fires to cook, relax, and tell stories since fire was invented. Man discovered long ago that a slab of meat was much better after cooked over a fire. Not long after this came the discovery of cooking with indirect heat, or barbecuing as this method is properly called. Barbeque comes from the word "barbacoa," which is what the Spanish explorers dubbed the Caribbean Indians' method of cooking. The original word referring to the way in which the meat is cooked, rather than to the meat itself. This method was later brought to mainland North America, where the word was Anglicanized into barbeque. Barbeque can mean different things to different people, it can mean smoking a whole pig for days at a time, it can mean cooking steaks on the grill, or it can simply mean to roast hot dogs over a fire.To me BBQ means good times, good friends, and good fun. There is no better way to get people to come together and celebrate than to eat together.

 I love to cook. That is not to say I like making souffle and creme brulee. No Sir. I love to make man food, good hearty and healthy meals that are cooked in a way that involves a fire or some other element of danger. Pleasing my own healthy appetite is great, but It feels awesome when other folks like my cooking as much as I do. I especially love to barbeque and grill out. Its fun, for me it is relaxing, and it has its succulent rewards at the end. I enjoy going to parties but I would much rather have the company of a few good friends, a cooler of of drinks, and a big slab of pig on the smoker. That is my idea of a good time. I love the way the food tastes at the end but I love the good time I have getting there even more.

This blog is dedicated to great food and great times. Whether that be smoking some great ribs, how to rub a great tasting steak, impressing you hunting buddies with an awesome smoked deer shoulder, or just how to make a better burger I hope you can find everything you want as I add more and more to my blog.

Thanks,
The Barbeque Bowana

No comments:

Post a Comment